8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 9 a.m.
The promotion ceremony is a special event for our 8th grade students and their family. We ask for parent’s cooperation guiding their child to dress appropriately for the occasion. We suggest boys wear a collared or polo style shirt and neat pants or slacks and girls wear pants or capris or an appropriate length dress or skirt. Please refer to the dress code policy below for more specific guidelines
Below is a guideline for student dress.
All School Dress Code Policy is in effect except for shoes.
No shower shoes or flip flops can be worn; slip on dress shoes can be worn.
The following is a list of guidelines for this dress code policy:
- All clothing shall be neat, clean and in proper repair.
- Students shall not wear midriffs, tube tops, halter tops, or any tops not covering the shoulders (a cover up or shawl can be worn to cover the shoulders).
- Garments with exposed midriffs, tube tops, halter tops, or which are inappropriately low cut are not acceptable.
- All shirts must be long enough that they can be worn tucked in.
- Form fitting shorts or pants worn as outer garments (e.g. elastic, spandex) are not acceptable.
- Clothing must cover all undergarments.
- Shorts/skirts/skorts should be long enough to so that the hem must be at least fingertip length when the arms are fully extended at the sides.
- No cut offs can be worn.
- Footwear must be worn at all times. (NO shower shoes or flip-flops)
- Cellular phones and electronic devices should be left at home for the day.