The mission of the Marple Newtown School District Equity and Diversity Committee is to foster inclusivity, promote equity for marginalized groups, and to facilitate a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are respected and intentionally valued.
We envision a District where:
- All community members are visible, valued, and heard
- All students are celebrated
- All students are provided the opportunity to achieve at high levels
- The district and the community work collaboratively to move issues of race and equity forward
- All faculty members reflect on their critical roles in creating an inclusive culture
- Our curriculum represents a wide variety of diversity
Who: K-12 teachers and administrators, MNSD community members, MNSD students
What: An intentional community of people dedicated to exploring how to work together on issues of race, equity, inclusivity, and diversity
Where: Regular meetings to be determined
Why: To ensure all stakeholders have a voice in important matters of race, equity, inclusivity, and diversity. To promote and value all students and community members.
DISTRICT EQUITY AND DIVERSITY TASK FORCE
|Dr. Gina Ross– Chairperson
||Dr. Joel DiBartolomeo – Director of Admin. & Acad.
|Dr. Tina Kane – Superintendent
James Wigo – Principal Culbertson Elem. Sch.
|Stephanie Sturdivant – Principal Worrall Sch.
Jaime Smyth – Principal Loomis Elem. Sch.
|John Beltrante – Principal Marple Newtown H.S.
||Dennis Reardon – Principal Russell Elem. Sch.
|Barry Williams – Dir. of School Safety
||Dr. Thomas Gretchen – Principal Paxon M.S.
Presentation: MNSD Equity and Diversity Update (June 14, 2022)
Presentation: Equity and Diversity - A District Update (March 9, 2021)
Equity & Diversity Information
MNSD Equity and Diversity Community Interest Group
Social Justice Resources
Black History Month Resources